Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Hi Guys, What's the difference between a Mk2 and a CD Cortina?

Thread: Hi Guys, What's the difference between a Mk2 and a CD Cortina?

Hi Guys, What's the difference between a Mk2 and a CD Cortina?

Hi Guys & Gals,
    Finally trying to get some movement on the Cortina after a long hibernation (thanks to the arrival of a Rover P6B). Now, looking for lowered front springs I keep coming across listings a 'Mk2 67-68' and 'CD Cortina 69-71' I've always thought they were just Mk2, series 2? Mine is plated 6/71 (noice), so technically a CD? What are the difference or is a Cortina by any other name.........................?
    Cheers,
    Rob.

Lovells springs, Mk2 springs listed as FL15, CD listed as FL13.....

What are the odds that the important dimensions of the springs would change mid model cycle? Pretty low risk you'd get springs that wouldn't fit I'd imagine. Much more likely to get springs that aren't the height you desire.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Very low, I agree. I just found it odd that they separated Mk2 Series 1 and Series 2 into Mk2 and CD Cortina - and then have the Mk2S1 springs different but the CD (Mk2S2) and Mk1 springs the same part number? Just intriguing as to why they did that?! Crazy :P