Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Mk1 sr20det conversion

Thread: Mk1 sr20det conversion

Hybrid View

Mk1 sr20det conversion

Hi guys and gals I just joined the group Iím building a sr20det mk1 cortina any information photos help would be great thanks

Hi Andrew and welcome.

That's pretty open ended. Is there anything more specific you need info or advice on? What stage in the build are you?
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Hi thanks for the reply im in the early stages of the build i have the engine i have removed the old engine mounts and battery tray from the car ill be using a c4 auto gearbox im looking for someone who has or can make sr20det engine mounts for the mk 1do you know of anyone who might be able to help me ?.Thanks

Good good.
    Chop the horn mount off while you have the grinder out.
    Can you weld?
    When we did mine, the engine and gearbox was sat in the engine bay, the correct location and angles found with blocks of wood propping things where they should be etc.
    Then the Nissan standard arms bolted to the block were mated to late model Cortina mounts (round blocks essentially). Nice thick plate was chopped up and tacked in to replicate the original tower mounts on the crossmember. Then pull the hole lot out for final welding and gusseting as appropriate.
    From memory you are aiming for a minimum of 10mm clearance between anything that can move even a little bit and something that can't.

Not sure of the physical dimensions of the C4, but the Nissan 5 speeds go in with some massaging of the double skinned tunnel with a FBH. I'd imagine the C4 would be similar, otherwise, you are looking for an auto tunnel or fabricating your own.

Where is Oz are you? If you are in Melbourne or close I could possibly help find someone.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.