Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Tuning Weber Carb

Thread: Tuning Weber Carb

Tuning Weber Carb

Hi All, after rebuilding my 1600 and putting a kit through the carby it's been running too rich and bogging down. I've tried many different jets and never found a good match. I want to take it to someone for a tune who knows what they are doing. I know there's been suggestions before but would prefer someone who has first hand experience. Looking for someone who can tune and maybe dyno my Cortina with 1600 and weber around either Carrum Downs or Bayswater.

Any suggestions? Budget is pretty tight too, had a few quotes around $600 and jets are extra. Seems steep or am I too stingy?

You would be better off asking on Facebook these days Swifty. Pretty dead here.

Pretty sure there are folk down that way that hosted a dyno day for the RS owners club years ago that could help.

Someone with a wideband could get it pretty close for a bit less coin maybe? Specially if you have a few jets to play with.

Have you ruled out everything non-carb related that could cause bad running? Like manifold leaks etc.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Yeah did notice it's quiet in here. Not on facebook though and refusing to succumb to the pressure by others to join. From some googling I see Allcraft would be good, was hoping someone had experience with them. I see a photo of a Yellow Cortina I've seen racing at the historics (Nick I think). Thanks for the reply.

I'm the same; don't like FB at all.

Probably Nick in which it's a pretty safe bet they can tune a Weber.

I'll PM you the names of some people that will know places.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

to set it up properly it has to be run on a dyno there sno tunning and maybe a dyno

150 per hour seems to be the going rate plus jets or chokes needed

nothing tin foil about facebook, just realise anything you post their isnt yours anymore