Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Running 40DCOE's on a MK1

Thread: Running 40DCOE's on a MK1

Running 40DCOE's on a MK1

I realise it is a pretty common upgrade, with the eye appeal and performance increase, but wondering if is best to run an accelerator cable set up or just a linkage kit off the original pedal setup? it has been suggested to me that fitting an old mazda 626? pedal and cable setup is the way to go, as with a linkage and the torque and movement of the engine it is not ideal .. so I know lots of people run them, just looking for thoughts .. cheers

My car was previously running a 4age with twin webers on a cable. A fastening tab had been welded onto the pedal rail and the cable outer was fixed to the firewall. Pretty simple setup, pedal was smooth and opened the carbs wide open with no worries.

Thanks.., I didn't think of that option, I will investigate that with my set up, pointless retrofitting another pedal if it is not necessary.

I run one of these on both my cars, never had a problem. Just need to fabricate a plate like Rallye Sport said to locate the outer on the fire wall
    http://www.burtonpower.com/throttle-...sestlk100.html