Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Brake lines

Thread: Brake lines

Brake lines

Hello all, brake line time. Any suggestion on good well priced place to get the brake lines that run front to back of car etc.? I have started cleaning the ones up that came off my car, but are quite pitted, would rather spend a little and be safe .... Ideal Melbourne based. Had 1 price off 70ish per a line, I think there are about 5 on the car?

I had good results buying some bundy tube, cutting to length and bending as desired and then taking down to a local brake place for a nice double flare at each end. Get the right people they wont even charge you. Go on a Saturday morning and take a box of beer just in case.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

chris whats your time line for the brake lines ? i will be free next week end , have brakeline flareing kit and could possibly do that along with bonnet holes. text or phone me.

Easy to do yourself. Just buy the bundy tube, flareing tool and a tube bender and a tube straightener.. if you take your time you can get a top class job.

Hey Chris
    Pretty easy to do. Will just need the above mentioned tools. Will have far better satisfaction if you diy & pipe is cheap to practice on.
    Will need to make sure you get a double flare kit tho. Best of luck & love the website.
    Cheers Brendon

Cheers Brendon, probably showing I'm doing a lot wrong, but learning along the way, no one has left a message saying what the are you doing

Question, brake line straightener, will the any of the be ok? or do you need the more expensive options? Was going to get the pliers to fix some the existing lines that I can probably reuse...
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAKE-PIP...3D272105757513

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brake-Pip...3D292148339013

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Heavy-Duty-Brake-Pipe-Line-Tube-Straightener-Straightening-Tool-Pliers-C0137-/292148339013?epid=9002975961&hash=item440565e145:g :RTYAAOSw6YtZPrHC

chris havent heard from you . free next sat .

I flick you a text

Wiring is all wrapped. What was the paint I need to get to paint the brake lines? will be free again on the 5th

Oh was also meant to ask what the name of the chalk to fit the opening quarter vents?

Al not far off fitting the quarter windows found a rubber door wedge that holds the opening wide enough to slot the rail down... will let you know which weekend I attempt that if you keen...

the 5th is OK , see you 8.30 dont worry about paint.

Cool see you then

Dulux Metalshield Epoxy Enamel . Colour ( structural steel ) 300g.

Done, got a 4 litre of rust buster too. Put one coat of fish oil inside the doors too