Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Adjustable suspension.

Thread: Adjustable suspension.

Adjustable suspension.

Hi all, I have just finished installing spax shocks all round. adjustable strut tops as well. I was wondering if anyone has any reccommendations for a start up setting. MK1 440 15 inch rims. heavy duty rear springs. kffl13 king fronts. std sway. I know there are many variables, but just a guide.mostly street driven. possible track day. just want it to corner nice.cheers
    Ill try anything twice......just to be sure.

start with 3 deg of caster, and 1.5 degrees of negative camber, see how you go. Thats basically what i run on the dirt rally car, turns in well. Race car runs 5 degrees of negative camber, niot good for the road or for your tyre wear. cheers Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedidesign View Post
    start with 3 deg of caster, and 1.5 degrees of negative camber, see how you go. Thats basically what i run on the dirt rally car, turns in well. Race car runs 5 degrees of negative camber, niot good for the road or for your tyre wear. cheers Ted
    Cheer tedidesign. ill have a go at getting it there. needs a wheel aligner so i will chat with them as well . how about dampening. im running the front softer than the rears. about 8 to 10 turns of 28. thinking of going softer to let the body roll a bit more.but still running the rear firmer than fronts.

I tend to go firm at the front, softer at the rear. The car will squat and get off a bit quicker. It'll tail steer too, lots of fun in a small Ford. Beauty of the adjustables is you can set it up how you prefer... happy fiddling...

cheers rallye, ill have to see what i can come up with. would love a track to blast down and and do some fine adjustments. id love to lift the inside wheel at 80mph lol