Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Dash Info Mk1

Thread: Dash Info Mk1

Dash Info Mk1

Hi,
    New to the Mk1 game, just purchased a 65' Mk1 one 4 door sedan. Getting it ready for a Roadworthy in QLD.
    The wipers won't park, and found the switch is not original (only single pole). So I need a new switch.

But I also need some info on how the dash comes apart. I did get a scientific publications workshop manual, but it doesn't have any info on the dash. I have GT gauges, and was able to see the wiper switch after moving them.
    Is a Gregory's workshop manual any better?
    Also chasing a rear L diff seal - is Yesterford good for these parts?

According to the Ford manual: disconnect battery; unscrew speedo cable; remove column shroud (auto cars only); remove chrome bezels from the three switches and the screen washer (if fitted); pull panel out and disconnect wiring. Then to remove GT gauge panel: unscrew two crosshead screws and pull panel out; make a note of the wire connections and remove them.
    1963 Consul Corsair 1500GT

If you are talking about the padded dash on an airflow model. There are (3) studs with nuts holding it down. (1) in the center behind the 4 gauges.
    (1) on each end. Remove the metal vent screens. Remove the vent hose and may have to remove the glove compartment box.
    Wiper is a plastic toggle type SPDT or more specific SPCO ( single pole, change over ). Can be purchased on ebay . Pete S

Cool, should have said what version, airflow, manual.

Those chrome bezels were very tight around the key barrel, and wiper washer, all sorted. Thanks again.