Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Heater outlet/return on waterpump barb and thread sizes?

Thread: Heater outlet/return on waterpump barb and thread sizes?

Heater outlet/return on waterpump barb and thread sizes?

Hi guys,
    Can someone tell me the thread type/size and barb type/size for the heater hose connection on the water pump?

Cheers,
    Rob.

Hi Rob they are BSP Pipe thread and tapered so they pinch up as you tighten them. It is a straight outlet into the waterpump and the heater hose plugs on to it. Some Aussie cars had a different hose set up to the English Cortina's.
    the one off the inlet manifold is almost 90 degrees. this go's back to the other heater pipe on the firewall. a good plumbers shop will be able to sort you out something to do the job.

Cheers mate - I don't have the original hoses - what diameter should I ask for?

I just went to supercheap and had a look in there hose box's. They has a very long heater hose with a 90 degree bend on which is perfect to run from the pump to the fire wall, around the side of the rocker cover. Here is a link i hope
    to give you an idea of what you are looking for fitting wise. You can use Brass. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ESCOR...cAAOSwcu5URR8U

All BSP from Supercheap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great - thanks mate.

They will work fine Rob. Nice pic nzmk1gt

I bought the ones from the MK 1 owners club and 2 shows of fitting. I see they have since removed them from sale.

A question that related to this post, mine has a pull for heat knob, I'm guessing tear were a retro fit due to the hot Aussie climate? I.e. Not standard. Mine is missing what ever valve the pull for heat was connected too, if I put this back on, any idea where to get that valve from?

Options

Attached images are what I have seen at Small Ford day. One of my 240's had no pull for heat and the other did but not connected, instead it had a tap, i.e. to turn on the heat, stop, get out of the car and turn the tap. I guess this stops heat entering the cabin on those crazy hot days. The most elegant of the examples is the valve directly of the top of the motor. Is this your engine bay, where did you get that valve from???
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...-HV4008/340151 i just used one like this from supercheap