Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Blue brake fluid

Thread: Blue brake fluid

Blue brake fluid

Is blue-tinted DOT3 or DOT4 brake fluid still available in Australia? It's easier to check levels in plastic reservoirs when the fluid is coloured. I used to buy Shell, but that has disappeared from Shell servos. Trouble is most makes don't bother to tell you the colour the contents on the bottle.
    1963 Consul Corsair 1500GT

Yes i bought some about 6 months ago. I know it was in a blue bottle. Buggered if i can remember the brand of the top of my head.

I've seen fluid for sale in a blue bottle, but I can't remember if it was Mobil or Valvoline. Was it one of those?

I recon it was the valvoline.

Thanks, I'll try that. BTW, I bought some Bendix DOT3 fluid in a blue bottle because it looks blue through the level "window", but it is in fact clear. Rats.

Bosch brake fluid is blue

Thanks. The Bosch fluid in the yellow capped bottle is blue (DOT 3 +), the fluid in the red capped is amber (DOT 4), the fluid in the gold capped is green (DOT 4 +), and the fluid in the blue capped is amber (DOT 5). Confusing, but at least they have a brochure that tells you the fluid colour.