Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
mk1 ID

Thread: mk1 ID

mk1 ID

just bought a 8th month 66 mk1 but cant find any id numbers none around shock tower or on radiator support panel anywhere else ?

Quote Originally Posted by connie View Post
    just bought a 8th month 66 mk1 but cant find any id numbers none around shock tower or on radiator support panel anywhere else ?
    has the engine bay been painted? usually rh strut area
    Ill try anything twice......just to be sure.

I too have an early 66 with no numbers anywhere. The strut tower tops and tower bodies as well as the splash pan/radiator support show no sign of a stamping or any other numbering. Actually, it looks like an early non-airflow body but early 66 VIN plate and only the single set of holes noted for the VIN. Currently I need to replace the tower top on the RH side but fear if I do repercussions from people thinking I have done a VIN swap. Were there no other numbers on the car anywhere? Any recommendations for suppliers of the strut top replacement (sheet metal, not the actual strut top)?
    Last edited by Rmvr53; 7th September 2016 at 03:02 PM.