Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
What have you been up to?

Thread: What have you been up to?

What have you been up to?

Bit of a get to know you (again) thread for updating everyone on what's been going on in your life lately.

Everyone must have some stories.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Well i have sold my Motorbike on Friday night to sponsor completion of one of my Falcon projects.

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php...rm-xe-project/

I finally cleared up shed space on got my Corty back home with me. First time in 8-9 years. Might even get round to getting her running again real soon.

The past 2 years have been a blur for me.

We bought our first house about 18 months ago. Ended up with something livable but with plenty of scope for improvement (unless you really love 60's decor) with a 3 car garage within 10km's of Melbourne CBD for a price that didn't completely suck.

Been slowly chipping away at the rebuild of my 4 door. Progress hasn't been rapid due to the above, but I've sourced enough engine parts now to give that a good shake soon. But mainly I've been doing body work ready for a respray. Only the passenger side lower rear quarter panel needs welding in now before I can paint strip the roof and rest of the panels etc. Managed to shape and weld in all the little closing panels behind the outer skin, but I might not bother with the outer replacement that I've shaped...

The Estate is still just sitting there waiting for me to find/join a good club to join and put it on Victorian club rego. Maybe getting this forum going again will provide the incentive for that.

Work has been crazy busy, but in a good way. Learning lots, making a difference and all that.

The dirtbike has been getting the odd flogging in the primo conditions we have ATM. Been trying to get away from the usual spots and ride some new trails. All great fun.

Otherwise, I've been concentrating on (re)establishing Julie's amazing work on cortina-mk1.com and this forum. The website is due for a big rebuild very soon because it's well out of date now. I have taken over the parts supply side of the website too (with support from Geffro), which has been slightly more onerous than I anticipated - even when the website was down. But I have most parts suppliers sorted out now and seem to be able to slip out of work at lunchtime quietly enough to post stuff off once or twice a week.

It's personally poor timing to get this site going again, because we are off for a couple of months holiday in mid September. Month in western Europe followed by a month in eastern Africa. Hopefully we will be able to avoid Ebola if we don't catch our death by alcohol poisoning/bratwurst at Ocktoberfest!

Cheers, Al
    Last edited by Dr Danger; 24th August 2014 at 10:27 PM.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

2 years is a long time.
    during that time I have had my GT and the Deluxe featured in Australian Classic Car magazine. I've also had my Lotus on the cover of Unique Cars. All cars are going well, the GT is having some tuning problems since the bottom end rebuild ( possibly cam timing ). The Lotus has been going very well and gets out and about regularly. The 62 Deluxe is currently my everyday car and all of them still turn heads wherever they go.
    thank you for reviving a great Forum.
    cheers
    Jay

Great to see this forum back! A lot has happened in the last two years.. I became an American Citizen.. I finished my 64 Falcon Wagon. I Built and have been racing a 64 Falcon in the 24 hours of Lemons race series over here in the US... Still have not turned a spanner on the Corty....wagon.jpgfalcon.jpg
    I don't care fer Antifreezes, long as I got my Plastic jesus........ Ridin' on the dashboard of my car!......

They look great Paulie
    Despite all my training and experience it is apparent that you can not cure stupid!!

Cheers Paul, as does your beastie!
    I don't care fer Antifreezes, long as I got my Plastic jesus........ Ridin' on the dashboard of my car!......

I finally finished my 64 Lotus Cortina in time for the LCR 50th birthday celebrations at Brands Hatch , UK. 100+ cars attended (both MK1 and MK11) and was chuffed to be given a trophy for 3rd bast MK1 at the show. It made the 7+ years rebuild worth while. I then sold the car and the beginning of the next season and went in a completely different direction and now a 2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S fills the hole in my garage. I still have an interest in all things Cortina - hence why I dropped in here.

We're going to need pics from GT63 and A1topdog please. GT63's are among the best photos of Mk1's I've ever seen. Need both Lotus and Porsche from you Steve.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Been lucky to have done a bit in the past 18 months, raced the Nb car at Bathurst, Eastern Creek, Phillip Island, Sandown, and Winton. All with some success, a couple of dints, and heaps of smiles.
    Rebuilt and re-powered (twincam) the Rally car after hitting a tree in the Alpine in 2011, and have just come back from the Classic Outback Trial (2400km) in NSW. Had a water pump issue that finally stopped us, but were planning already for 2016. Ken MacDonald in his Mk2 Lotus finished (great effort).
    Managed to buy back my Mk1 GT that I sold in 1986 and that should be on the road by Christmas I hope.

cheers Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey guys i wont go into the details to much but have been busy transforming my 66 440 into a gt replica. still a long way to go and alot of parts to find but its on its way to being a good replica. here is some pics of the progress over the last few years
    290.jpg027 (3).jpg616.jpg012.JPG011.JPG013.JPG007.JPG009.jpg127.jpgDSC00620.jpgDSC00655.jpg001.jpg132.jpg141.jpg144.jpg369.jpg

Hello Ladies and Gents,
    Hope this is an appropriate place for an intro. I lurked for a while previously, but hope that by becoming active, I will get motivated to sort out my Cortina's. The last 2 years have been busy with non Cortina related things, but that has to change! I have a registered '65 440 that is just needs a few electrical bugs sorted, and a '66 GT that is awaiting resto. Probably sell the 440 to finance the GT, unfortunately. Also have an open wheel race car I built, powered by a 1600 crossflow, more or less historic formula Ford, that I sometimes play with at sprints etc. I'm looking forward to this, this is a great forum. I'm located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
    Regards,
    Steve

Welcome Steve,

Sounds like you have a full shed!

Photo posting is always encouraged.

Cheers.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Thanks Doc,
    Too many actually, one has to go. 440 probably, or the race car maybe? Have to fund the GT resto! Let's see if I can work out the pics!!
    aaGT.JPG aa02.JPG echoecho.jpg