Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106

Thread: New member

Smile New member

Hey everyone,

My name is Mike I live in christchurch new zealand

Iv just sold my car (worked turbo Altezza) and now considering a mk1 cortina. Just have a few questions, looking at buying this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-376967340.htm what is everyones thoughts.. I don't like the mags but I'll be putting some minilite on what ever I buy. The rear seal needs replacing how hard is this to do? Also what sort of price if I took to mechanic .. I live in chch new zealand. Anything I should check / be aware of when I go have a look at it. I have to fly north to look/ buy it.

Cheers
    Last edited by 12die4; 21st June 2011 at 04:07 AM.

tidy body but it depends on what you want it for. good resto base so you can freshen up anything that looks tired. its been painted so check the body properly. if your like me and like a bit of a faster ride but love the body shape then a bit of surgery to upgrade the running gear will be needed. rear seal is straight forward fix but easier to take out the motor to do this.(you will want to check it over while its out eg. welsh plugs,gaskets,clutch,etc.) should be able to talk down the price because of this . good luck