Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Drag cars from days gone... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drag cars from days gone...

Who the hell knows anything about this one?? All I know is that it was Melbourne based.....Never heard of it!
    HAIR cortina..jpg
    Last edited by zombie289; 22nd March 2011 at 02:13 AM.
    I don't care fer Antifreezes, long as I got my Plastic jesus........ Ridin' on the dashboard of my car!......

thats a real rippa gasser

not heard of that car either

love to see it restored and back on the track ...if it still exists

my dragracing historian tell's me that the car raced out of melbourne in the early 70's, it started as a street car in light metallic blue and ended up as in the photo. it was in featured in a early 70's mag, the car was sponsored by the owner's wife who was a hairdresser ( carolyn ) thats all he can think of at the moment. the photo was at A.I.R .
    more info when he find's it.

jim.

do you reckon this is the car before it went under more modifications

there is a post on the first page....

The Stuth cortina

Regular at calder park back in the 70s yet another running in 'gas elim'

this car even driven by wolfgangs wife carolyn

nice 63/64 2 door

notice still running vic rego

Last edited by jewels; 21st March 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Wonder if those chrome strips on the above car are genuine? Don't really look it do they?
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Bingo, that is the same car! I emailed the guy who posted the pic on the interwebs and he gave the vital clue..It was originally 6 banger powered when it became a racecar.....
    I don't care fer Antifreezes, long as I got my Plastic jesus........ Ridin' on the dashboard of my car!......

i know it is a old thread but does anyone have any info on a holden red 6 powered cortina?????

Hi Jewels I was just wondering if you have any pic of mellow yellow as I have just bought the car want to see the original paint work thanks.

Hi Jamey,

Unfortunately, Jewels passed away some time ago.

I have her old computer, I'll have a look through the images (there are many) and see what I come up with.

Pretty sure I've seen pics of your car somewhere.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Here we go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

That pic looks familiar... LOL, have some more I need to stick up on here! Happy New Year guys!

Ripped straight off your facebook feed Zombie.
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Surfers late 60's...

More Surfers Goodness!

Another 4 banger!

Any details on the above car?
    www.cortina-mk1.com
    Contact me for parts.

Nothing too enlightening Dr... It ran in South Aussie in the late 60's aerly 70's, and probably still had a Kent judging by the G Stock class designation... ill try diggin up some info...

From the former owner Laurie, who was kind enough to fill me in on facebook....

The Mark 1 Cortina was powered by a 1500 cc Cortina motor balanced and fitted with twin 45 mm Weber carbs, waggott cam and home made inlet and exhaust manifolds. The head work was done by Chris Milton (a SA Formular 5000 racer and engine builder). The rear slicks are used tyres from the front wheels of Chris's Formular 5000 race car. It was built as an economical and reliable drag car in my shed. I had two young children at this stage and they became involved and we raced as a family. We did our own sign writing also. Not professional but passable.The crew was Sandra, my wife and Peter and Debbie my children. The car ran high 15's at around 85 plus mph. It set an AIR class strip record and also ran faster than the National speed record. It qualified in the top three of the ANDRA Stock series and qualified for tow money for the Nationals at Willowbank that year. I was unable to attend so my mate, Glen Virgin took the car to Qld and competed.

Went to reply and accidently edited your post instead and now can re-edit...

Screwy bloody forum. I'll fix this soon.

Sorry.
    Last edited by Dr Danger; 24th January 2015 at 06:21 PM.

Hi Zombie, do you have any info on the last picture you posted? (the engine bay) I may be wrong but I think I might have that car. I bought a shell last year that used to be a drag car. It still has 1976 and 1979 AIR Drag Racing stickers under the bootlid. It also has almost identical cut outs where the weber trumpets are. The car is just a shell now but I really would love to find out its history. I will try and get some pics soon. Maybe that was a common mod and mine was just one of many but would be nice to know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast