Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Hello from Corsair fan

Thread: Hello from Corsair fan

Hello from Corsair fan

Hi folks. My name is Susan, I live in Daylesford, Victoria, and I own a 1963 Ford Corsair 1500 GT. As you may know, a Corsair is a Cortina Mark 1 GT with a long tail and a pointy nose, which is why I'm here looking for advice and parts. So, anyone else out there have a Corsair? I believe there was one at the All Ford Day in Geelong last year, but I'm not sure if it was from Victoria.

Hi Sue
    I know of 2 Crayford Corsairs here. One in Perth and one in Qld..Not sure on the spares front for Corsair only parts though?. Lots in common with the MK1's as you
    say. Happy hunting...

hi
    If The Gaps R Nice Good Chance The Rest Will B 2..Its The Little Things That Matter

hello and

not to far away from me

i dont think i have seen this car around before

does it need full resto ?

any pics to sharre ?

Hi all. I had the car brought over from England last month. It's in pretty good condition, having spent most of its life in Italy where it's not too damp. At the moment, I'm tidying up the engine compartment and interior, all easy stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sue

SWEEEETTTT.... looks very good. Was it regoed in the UK?? or just passing through. I know a few Corsair people back there.

No UK rego because it was only there a few weeks waiting for the ship to Melbourne.

Finally got the car out on the road last week on a permit. The engine and transmission behaved very well, and I got the exhaust replaced, but there's a bit of work still to do on the front suspension and brakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1963 Consul Corsair 1500GT

hi sue,

a nice clean corsair and left hand drive now that's a nice change are you going to leave it as is.

cheers

jim.

Hi Jim,
    I'm leaving it as it is, mostly. It would cost a lot to convert it to RHD, quite apart from finding the dashboard parts!
    1963 Consul Corsair 1500GT

Don't leave it dear.... As you have done a lot of work and spend a lot of money on it....
    So it would be better to complete the remaining work.....